Traditionally, gas vapors produced during oil drilling have been either vented or flared. Eltacon has developed a gas compression unit to re-use this valuable, rich vapors and meet increasingly strict environmental regulations.
Using oil-injected screw compression and upstream fuel gas treatment the unit will boost the pressure up to a usable or transferable pressure. The boosted gas can be transported and/or re-injected in gas engines or gas turbines.
Main features of the compressor unit:
- Electrically motor driven system, installed power up to 1MW
- Attached control room or separately placed control panels
- Instrumentation for remote monitoring
- Upstream gas cooling system if required
- Upstream condensate filtration
- Inlet pressures from 2 barg down to atmospheric pressures
- Discharge pressure of the unit up to 16 barg
- Flow capacity up to 100.000Nm3/d
- Integrated oil cooling system
The unit is designed for on- and offshore applications.