Depleted gas wells
Mature gas wells are located all over the world. Many of these nearly depleted wells are closed and abandoned since the gas pressure inside the well is insufficient for efficient recovery.
Using a Mobile Wellhead Compressor (MWHC) enables the mature wells to continue production and/or enhances the efficiency of the gas recovery. The operational lifetime of the well will be extended substantially.
Wellhead compressor units
Eltacon Wellhead Compressors can be sized project specifically. Depending on the size of the well the ROI is often within 2 years. After several years, when the gas well is depleted, the unit can be transported another wells.
For wellhead compression Eltacon uses oil-flooded screw compressors. This solution is compact, capable of realizing high compression ratios in only one stage, has a high availability (>98%) and has low maintenance costs compared to other compression solutions.
The MWHC will be packaged on a single skid-frame which enables easy handling.
A pre-filtration stage upstream the compressor gathers the slugs of condensate coming from the gas-well. This valuable condensate will be available for re-injection if required.
The capacity of the compressor is controlled by the hydraulic slide valve, as well as the adjustable pressure ratio resulting in a very large range of operating parameters. This is highly important during recovery of the gas from a mature gas field down to atmospheric pressure inside the well.
Main features of the Eltacon MWHC:
- Electrically motor driven system, Installed power up to 1MW
- Attached control room or separately placed control panels
- Instrumentation for remote monitoring
- Inlet pressure from 6 barg down to atmospheric pressures
- Discharge pressure of the unit up to 16 barg
- Flow capacity up to 600.000Nm3/d
- Capable of handling condensate slugs up to 1m3/h
- Integrated oil cooling system
- Optional inlet cooling system for condensate separation